Monday, March 23, 2009

1st birthday!!!

Sorry so late!! So Dylan turned one this past Sunday, the 22nd, but we had his party on Saturday out of convenience for everyone. Here are some pictures from the party...







Dylan's very own cake






The dot on his head was not his doing, I think uncle Brandon was helping a little!!


After papaw decided to help, the cake wound up in Dylan's lap, he did not like it


He was not excited about getting clean either

This is a baseball shirt Aunt Janna and Uncle Ryan bought Dylan, notice the pink writing. This is probably the closest he'll come to wearing, well that's what Gene says anyway.

Dylan had lots of helpers to open his gifts with. He is in there somewhere.

So I never dreamed that him turning one would be as hard as it was. I shed a few tears over it, and even now thinking about it makes me sad. I guess you hear cherish every moment because it goes so fast, but until it's your child you don't truly understand. I look back and wonder where the time went. We keep so busy all day long that it seems like the day just started and it's already over. He has been and still such a blessing to our lives. It's amazing how much joy and worry, and love one little boy can bring to your life. As I sit here typing my heart feels so full, and I realize how blessed I am to have Dylan and Gene in my life. They are my two most favorite people in the whole world. I love you both so much, thanks for making my life so happy and full of fun, you're the best.

1 comment:

  1. From the background of the pictures, I see it didn't take long for (was it Brandon) to forego the bday and start watching bball.

    ReplyDelete