Tuesday, February 17, 2009

the little things

Those of you who have kids will appreciate this. I never really noticed the little things that kids pick up on, and how excited we as parents get when we see or hear them repeat us or something they've seen. Things that seem so natural to us, until we have kids and we watch them learn to do them. I love to watch Dylan as he is able to repeat something that sounds like what we've done. He loves our reactions and just eats it up. Last night at supper he wanted to drink out of my glass. Well I had milk and we haven't given him any yet but he really wanted it. I let him take a sip out of my glass and he loved it, he kept trying to take the glass back it was funny. So I put a little milk in a sippy cup for him and he just went to town with it. Every time he would take a drink he would look over at daddy and wait for a reaction. Gene would go"ahh..", you know the sound you make when you've satisfied your thirst, Dylan started repeating him after every drink. Gene and I got a kick out of this. But to someone else it might not seem so neat, but we've seen him go from this little infant who could barely move himself to this "toddler" that is holding his own cup, walking across the living room, and climbing on anything and everything he can reach. I wish I was better at using our video recorder, there are so many things he's doing now that aren't on video yet. I am trying to work on that. This weekend he was at my parents, and was just taking off walking everywhere. Mom said she got some video of it so hopefully I can get that and post it for everyone. Well here's a picture to make up for no video..

No comments:

Post a Comment